- I worked in publishing operations, editorial project management, and as a corporate editorial services editor at Zondervan for twenty-four years, the latter years as an Executive Managing Editor. Zondervan is now under the HarperCollins Christian Publishing umbrella, along with Thomas Nelson. During that time, I did freelance editing on a limited basis.
- As a full-time freelance editor for nearly nine years now, I offer editing and writing primarily for publishing companies and organizations. Also working with individuals, I specialize in Christian content and have edited a wide variety of works, including novels, novellas, Bible devotionals and notes, memoirs, devotional books, business books, and other works of nonfiction. (See the Books Edited tab to the right for a list of edited books, their authors, and in most cases, the publishers who hired me.)
- As a writer, I've written blog and website posts and articles, case studies, and the stories people tell me. I've revised others' work and provided ghost writing as well.
- Zondervan has published two children's devotional/activity books I wrote for
their Zonderkidz division: Bible Promises for God's Precious Princess and Bible Promises for God's Treasured Boy. You'll find them both on Amazon.
- Kavich—my maiden name I use in honor of my late father, who encouraged me in the fields of writing and editing—is pronounced "cave-itch"!
- Two of my three adult children are professional writers as well, and I have some budding writers among my young grandchildren.